Who Should Avoid Microblading?
While microblading is great for most people, there are some people who are ineligible for microblading:
- Those prone to keloids or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation. Unfortunately, since microblading punctures the skin as we add ink, we cannot work with clients with these conditions.
- Diabetes. Depending on the type and severity, a Medical clearance may be needed.
- Are on blood-thinners. We recommend not to be on any blood thinners prior to your microblading procedure. If this is required by a physician DO NOT discontinue to take your medication. Speak with your artist about an alternative. Depending on the blood thinner and how frequently taken we may just suggest a different technique to give you still a beautiful result.
- If you have an Auto-immune. We will need a medical clearance to perform the procedure.
- If you’ve had Juvederm or other fillers in that area. Depending on the timing, we recommend to get microblading first! Otherwise, check with your doctor.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy. Although microblading is great for restoring eyebrows, we would require a doctor’s note in order to perform the procedure for anyone undergoing chemotherapy.
- If you have any kind of skin condition on or near your eyebrows. This includes eczema, shingles, rashes, or anything else near eyebrows.
- Those with oily skin. Those with very oily skin are unfortunately usually not good candidates for microblading. Those oily skin, may consider a microblading plus shading combo.
- Those with a dark pre-existing eyebrow tattoo or permanent makeup. The tattoo or permanent makeup must be light enough for us to draw hairstrokes. We ask anyone with a previous eyebrow tattoo to send us an email with a picture of their eyebrows with no makeup on, so we can evaluate.
- Those with allergies to alcohol or numbing agents. If you think you might have an allergy to our ink, numbing cream, or alcohol (which is in the ink), then you may have a reaction to our work.
- Under the age of 18 ! We do not recommend microblading for anyone under the age of 18. It is our policy at Forever cosmetics NJ not to work with children, even with a consent form.